Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Educating College Kids

This past semester I have a student teacher.  Sadly, her time with me will be over in a few more weeks, she will truly be missed.  She has agreed to write a guest post on her views of the flipped classroom from the perspective of a student teacher/non-math person...I look forward to that soon :)

This week I was asked to present the flipped classroom to her seminar class.  I presented on Wednesday and I have to say, I really enjoyed it!  They asked a lot of great questions and seemed inspired...which made me all warm and fuzzy inside :) 

I used a prezi to present how the flipped classroom works in my room.  It also includes data that I've collected so far this year.  You can find the prezi here if you're interested.

Some of my favorite comments occurred after I left, but were told to me by my student teacher:

"She really knows what she's talking about."  Ha!  I'm glad they think so. I, however, know that there is a long way to go :)  Everyone can grow as an educator.

"They all loved it and want your contact info so they can get more info."  Awesome!  I'm so glad that I inspired them...I wish it was that easy to inspire 5th graders.

And my favorite comment is.....

"She's so young!  You're lucky she's your CT."  Come on now, how can you not love that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment